Main&Me is founded on the principle of helping people discover the best products, sales and events offered by the independent businesses in their community. We know that you care about how your personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy very seriously. By visiting the Main&Me website and mobile app, you are accepting the practices outlined in this policy.
Here is Part one:
- We collect information to make Main&Me website and mobile app useful for you.
- We collect your registration and user profile data. Our servers also collect log information used to make the website and mobile app faster and better.
- We will send you emails based on your profile settings. From time to time, we may send emails to all our users.
- To remember you, our system will give you a cookie. It’s safe.
- We do not sell your information to anyone. However, we will show publicly available information to other users and may release other information to authorities where required by law.
- Your account is protected by an encrypted password. We keep it secure, you must also keep it safe. Our employees may not access your account unless required to do a specific job.
- You can choose not to share information with us, but your experience of the site may be limited. However, until your account is deleted, you may receive all system emails.
- Please register only when you reach 18 years old, or ask your parents’ permission if you are between 14 and 18 years old.
- Effective as of November 30, 2014.
Here is Part two, the full legal language:
Information Collected by Main&Me
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website and mobile app. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We collect the following types of information from our Main&Me users:
Information You Provide to Us:
- We receive and store any information you enter on our website and mobile app or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
- Registration: In order for you to use Main&Me services you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require select personal information.
- User Profile: To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during registration, we may enable you to provide additional information, such as a bio and instant messaging IDs. In addition, you may choose to include photos of yourself in your profile. As indicated below, in the section titled “Sharing Your Information”, you can control how your information is displayed and used.
- Automatic Information:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Main&Me and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain “traffic data” on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, Main&Me cookie information, and the page you requested. Main&Me uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website and mobile app.
- Main&Me may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit website and mobile apps anonymously. While Main&Me will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
Main&Me is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the “Sharing Your Information” section below. Main&Me may send out e-mails with Main&Me-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from Main&Me, which inform you of actions (e.g. follows or comments) that have been performed on the site. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please visit the Email Preferences section of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website and mobile app are visited and by how many people. Main&Me cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
Sharing Your Information
Because Main&Me enables people to discover and share information with one another, information about the people who use Main&Me is an integral part of the Main&Me experience. Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below.
- Main&Me Personnel: Main&Me personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of Main&Me business.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Main&Me, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- User Profile information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other Main&Me users in your User Profile. The User Profile is the area on Main&Me where we allow you to tell other Main&Me users about yourself. You may control what personal information is displayed in your User Profile by visiting the Settings section of your User Profile.
- Followers’ Activity: Much like other online social networks, Main&Me allows non-followers to browse your followers activity.
- Syndication: Main&Me allows for the RSS syndication of all of its public content within the Main&Me website and mobile app.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
Keeping Information Secure
- Your Main&Me account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Ways to Control Display and Use of Your Information
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website and mobile app.
- By visiting your User Profile, you can correct, amend, add or delete personal information on our website and mobile app.
- If you do not wish to receive e-mail from us or other Main&Me users, please visit the Settings of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message.
- However, please note that you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
- As explained earlier, the “help” portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features.
Children Under 18 Years of Age
You must be 14 years and older to register to use the Main&Me website and mobile app. As a result, Main&Me does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that Main&Me has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We recommend that minors between the ages of 14 and 18 ask and receive their parents’ permission before using Main&Me or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
Conditions of Use