If you are a downtown director researching online tools to help you promote local shopping, chances are your city needs a sustainable, affordable, measurable solution that maximizes resident and tourist foot traffic to its neighborhood businesses. To that end, the Main&Me web and mobile platform incentivizes both shoppers and local businesses to act together to create neighborhood shopping ecosystems that surface photos of local goods and services to widespread audiences and generate sufficient organic traffic and SEO to compete with, and eventually outrank, Big Internet Retail.
Our mission is to give online shoppers a dead-simple and fun-to-use web and mobile tool that allows them to discover and share local sources for the goods and services they seek BEFORE they default to Big Internet Retail. Once these participating neighborhood businesses are surfaced and discovered, shoppers are incentivized to visit them on foot by encouraging them to use their own User pages to
- “follow” favorite stores, neighborhoods and even other shoppers to receive emails when sales occur, or new items are added,
- to like, comment on and share their discoveries (to build organic traffic and SEO for the neighborhood as a whole) and
- to make shareable wish lists and gift registries of their favorite local goods and services (to encourage viral recruitment of new users to the network).
The Main&Me mission is achieved in three steps:
1) Through the use of individual- and group- photo-sharing behavior (think: Instagram and Pinterest), neighborhood business owners, shoppers, local evangelists and flash mobs are encouraged to upload photo galleries of local products, services, food items, etc. to free interactive storefront galleries for neighborhood businesses.
2) Using automated location data and check-ins, Main&Me combines autonomous business storefront galleries from the same neighborhood into a location-based neighborhood portal where browsing and keyword search may begin (hence our tagline “windowshop your town online”) and where organic traffic and SEO to the neighborhood accumulates to the benefit of every business in it. (Note: To maximize utility, each business retains its own URL and may be accessed either via the neighborhood portal, or browsed independently of its neighborhood.)
3) Shoppers and tourists are recruited (by PR and/or organic sharing) to visit the website and/or download the mobile app so that they can a) “windowshop their neighborhood online”, b) serendipitously browse independent neighborhoods they are either in, curious about or plan to visit, and c) search by keyword for local sources for the goods and services they seek BEFORE defaulting to Big Internet Retail.
The Main&Me local discovery platform may be accessed on any desktop, portable or mobile device.
The website is here: www.mainandme.com.
The app is available here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id659197571?mt=8 (Android coming soon.)
Hope to see you on Main and Me.